Smoothies are one of my favorite healthy meals or snacks. I love them for a quick and easy breakfast or post workout snack. They are so easy to make, or take on the go and the flavor options are nearly endless! Raspberries are one of my favorite fruits, and frozen raspberries make for a quick addition to my smoothie routine. Smoothies are a daily thing for me. I love them as a quick breakfast or lunch, or the perfect post-workout snack. There are so many flavors to choose from, but this one is probably my favorite: raspberry-vanilla protein smoothie. As the days are getting warmer, smoothies like this one, are pretty much a necessity. It’s light, healthy, and full of protein and best of all, so easy to make! Just chuck everything into the blender and go!
I only recently got a new blender after our old one died. Our new blender is the handy, single-serve type. It’s so awesome! I can make and drink my smoothie in the same cup and it even came with handy, spill-proof lids! Don’t worry if you have the regular type of blender, it works just as well. First gather your ingredients, all you need is almond milk (or any sort of milk that you prefer), frozen raspberries, vanilla extract and vanilla protein powder.
Now start making your smoothie! I always add the almond milk first, then raspberries, and vanilla saving the protein powder for last. I find if I add that first it can get stuck in the bottom of my blender cup or along the walls of the cup. No good! So I always add it last, but it really doesn’t matter too much, especially if you are using a big, normal blender. Once you have everything in your blender, put the top on and make sure it’s tightly sealed (no smoothie explosions!) and blend it up. Blend time will vary by blender, mine only takes a minute or two. Just blend enough to get out all of the raspberry chunks and make sure it’s nice and smooth. Pour into a cup and enjoy!
The following contains affiliate links. This means if you purchase an item through one of these links I will receive a small amount of financial compensation at no additional cost to you. I only share with you products/services that I use and believe in.
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 scoop French Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Designer Whey French Vanilla)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Raspberries
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Add the milk, protein powder, frozen raspberries and vanilla extract to your blender.
- Put on the blender's top and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- I use a personal blender which makes single servings, a normal blender works fine too! You can add more frozen raspberries to make it thicker and more fruity if you want a consistency more like a milk shake. You can use fresh berries, if you do you will want to add around 4 ice cubs to get a smoothie like consistency.